Since 2006, the Skilled Trades Employment Program (STEP) has focused on finding motivated candidates for construction employers with jobs to fill in British Columbia.
The STEP team can help by:
- Connecting with you at your convenience to assess your hiring needs
- Providing pre- and post-placement support at no cost
- Finding job-ready skilled workers for you
- Improving your retention rate by continuing to work with you after placement
- Creating an action plan to build your career in the skilled trades
- Connecting you to apprenticeships and opportunities with BC construction employers
- Providing extra financial supports and benefits to ensure you’re job ready
- Following up with you after placement to ensure success
*STEP does have eligibility requirements. We encourage you to connect with us to learn more about the program and how we can help you.
STEP is managed by the BC Construction Association.